Research released this week highlights the power of fish oil, vitamin B, and calcium to protect against major health conditions.
I have been continuing to track my BG readings (AM fasting, 2 hrs after every meal and post workout) for the 7 weeks since beginning the supplementation B vitamin complex, iodine and Omega 3 (via fish oil). The results, which I track on an Excel spreadsheet, clearly show a solid down trend in all readings.
I really started thinking about taking fish oil since i suffer from eczema and dryness, also cant find good quality meat and eggs all the time, i also thought about taking hemp oil, i ahy away from cod liver since it has a high vitamin a level.. what are your thoughts ?
Vitamin E: Various beliefs surrounding fish oil and include:
Fish oil and vitamin E both protect your skin from the sun.
Around 30% of fish oil is made up of omega-3s, while the remaining 70% is made up of other fats. Also, unprocessed fish oil contains some vitamin A and D.ELTSVILLE, MARYLAND. Fish oils are beneficial in the prevention of cancer and cardiovascular disease. They do, however, oxidize very easily and therefore add to the oxidant stress on the body. An experiment was recently carried out by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to see if an increased intake of vitamin E could counteract this detrimental effect of fish oils. Forty men aged 32 to 44 were involved. The men consumed a controlled diet for a total of 28 weeks. For the first 10 weeks they received placebo oil capsules (15 g/day), for the next 10 weeks they received fish oil capsules (15 g/day), and for the last 8 weeks they received the fish oil and vitamin E (200 mg) (all-rac-alpha-tocopherol). The urinary excretion of peroxidation products (malondialdehyde) more than doubled when the fish oil capsules were introduced but then dropped by a factor of four when vitamin E was added (taking fish oil and vitamin E together). The vitamin E concentration in the red blood cells dropped very significantly when fish oil was ingested but more than recovered with the vitamin E supplement. It is concluded that the negative effects of fish oil consumption can be overcome by taking the fish oil and vitamin E together.If you follow a vegetarian diet, short-chain omega-3s from or chia oil supplements are often considered the best option. On the other hand, non-vegetarians have the option of taking a fish oil supplement. Some fish oil supplements contain vitamin D. Low levels of vitamin D have been linked with a number of health problems and are important for heart and immune system health. Fish oil /vitamin D supplements combine the benefits of both.On the other hand, fish liver oils such as cod liver oil do contain significant amounts of vitamin A. Some of these products exceed the established upper limit for vitamin A for adults of 10,000 IU per day, or could exceed this limit if taken with multivitamins that contain high amounts of vitamin A. (See amounts of vitamin A found in popular cod and other fish liver oils in the ).When calculating the amount of vitamin A you are getting from supplements, note that the upper limit only includes the retinol form, such as retinyl acetate or retinyl palmitate, not beta-carotene. (There are, however, separate concerns with ).